Sunday, September 18, 2011

Salvisa Ruritan Days


What an wonderful, beautiful day we've had today! Keith and I had a booth where we were selling the new book, Harrodsburg (Images of America), as well as my chapbooks of poetry and short stories. It was great!


We sold several books, but more importantly, we made many new contacts with people who have old photographs or negatives of Salvisa. These will be wonderful when we do a Mercer County Book.


I think our booth looked pretty good, if I do say so myself! My hubby was such a sweetheart for helping me set everything up and then helping with manning the booth. Love you, sweetheart!

Our next event will be September 22nd - a radio interview with JD in the Morning at the Rooster radio station (WHBN). After that we will be at the Pioneer Classic Car Show at Anderson-Dean Park on September 3oth and October 1st, so come on out and see us.
In November we will be doing a book signing at the Beehive Gift Shop and Beaumont Inn - the dates have not been determined yet, but I will keep you updated.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has been so supportive of the book; we really appreciate it. If this book sells well, we will be able to do a book on Mercer County - featuring Salvisa, McAfee and Burgin.

No comments:

Post a Comment